Trooper Scales Memorial Award
Trooper Christopher S. Scales was a front-line partner in the Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey’s brain injury prevention efforts. Trooper Scales was struck and killed on December 3, 2002 while conducting a seatbelt enforcement detail on the New Jersey Turnpike.
The Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey honored State Trooper Christopher Scales posthumously in May 2003 by introducing the Trooper Christopher Scales Memorial Award. This award is presented each year to a member of the law enforcement community who has demonstrated exemplary efforts in promoting public safety and brain injury prevention.
- 2016 – Debbie LaSalle
- 2015 – Patrolman Adam Koeppen
- 2014 – Capt. Tina Arcaro
- 2013 – Det. Arnold Anderson
- 2012 – Det. Sgt. Richard Brunett
- 2011 – Sgt. Joseph B. Markulic
- 2010 – Chief Anthony Parenti (retired)
- 2009 – Officer Douglas Higgins, Manchester Police Department
- 2008 – Lt. Colonel Juan Mattos Jr.
- 2007 – Chief William J. Cicchetti, Washington Township Police
- 2006 – Lieutenant Paul Vereb, Long Beach Township Police
- 2005 – Detective Sergeant Peter Ziegler
- 2004 – Officer Mary Ann Collura
- 2003 – Trooper Christopher S. Scales