Our first service was our Helpline, run from the kitchens of our founders. Today, the Helpline remains central to the services we provide, fielding almost 2,000 calls per year. Callers reach out to us with questions about the impact of brain injury:
- – My mother is about to be discharged from the hospital but can’t be left alone, what kind of help can I get for her care?
- – My husband fell from a ladder and hit his head. He is not the same person, and we argue all the time. What can I do?
- – My adult son was injured as a child and still lives with us. My husband and I are getting older and worry what will happen when we’re gone. Where will he live?
- – My daughter sustained a concussion at a soccer game a few months back and is now failing half her classes. Where can we go for help?
When you call, a Community Resource Specialist will ask you questions that help us provide appropriate suggestions. Everything you tell us confidential. We will provide resources over the phone, send information via email or mail, and follow up to learn if the resources were helpful and if you require additional assistance.
Our responses are not intended to replace professional advice, but to provide you with some of the resources available to help you make an informed decision.
The Helpline operates Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We are closed on the following holidays:
– New Year’s Day
– Martin Luther King Day
– Presidents Day
– Good Friday
– Memorial Day
– Independence Day
– Labor Day
– Columbus Day
– Day after Thanksgiving
– Christmas Eve (or the day after Christmas)
– Christmas Day
- – Call us at 732-783-6172.
- – Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using our online contact form.
- – Write us at Brain Injury Alliance of NJ, 825 Georges Road, North Brunswick, NJ 08902.
We respond to all requests as quickly possible, usually by one business day.
If you need an interpreter, indicate the language you speak, and we will add one to the call. If a Specialist is not available, a receptionist will take a message, and the Specialist will call back with an interpreter at a mutually convenient time.