The Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey (the Alliance), a state wide non-profit provider of quality services seeks a Full time or Part Time Support Coordinator to work with individuals with disabilities. This position is office based (North Brunswick) and could require travel to Union, Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer and Somerset counties.
(Part time hours are flexible between 9-5 however, must be consistent)
The Alliance is proud to provide a supportive and collegial working environment. Health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) are included as a benefit of employment for full time employees. All full time employees receive twelve paid holidays per year, as well as vacation and sick time. (Part time employees are prorated) Travel is reimbursed at the federal level. Competitive salary.
- Provide support coordination/case management to individuals who are eligible for DDD services.
- Develop and monitor individualized service plans for adults with developmental disabilities.
- Assist individuals with developmental disabilities to explore and access community supports.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with families and community providers.
- Position requires travel and candidate must have a valid New Jersey driver’s license and a dependable means of transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a social services field (social work, psychology, etc.).
- At least one year documented experience working with adults with developmental disabilities required (experience can be in a volunteer capacity).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Strong team player willing to take direction, initiate business activities and work with management staff and peers.
- Extensive training provided but experience working/volunteering in a social service setting is preferred.
- Applicants must have valid driver’s license and automobile, travel within New Jersey required.
Send resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Sullivan, Director of Support Coordination, at email@example.com.